Thursday, October 6, 2011
Nominations open for USATF Mountain/Ultra/Trail Runners of the Year
Nominations open for 2011:
USATF Mountain Runners of the Year – Open and Masters
USATF Trail Runners of the Year – Open and Masters
USATF Ultra Runners of the Year – Open and Masters
USATF Mountain/Ultra/Trail Contributor of the Year
The Mountain/Ultra/Trail running (MUT) council of long distance running will select the 2011 USATF Mountain Runners of the year and Ultra Runners of the Year based on nominations received from interested athletes, coaches, and administrators involved in the sport. The following is the selection criteria for the 2011 USATF Mountain and Ultra Runners of the Year:
1) Nominated athlete must show top results in U.S. mountain/trail competitions for 2011 (November 1, 2010 through October 1, 2011) - this will include mountain races (these may be on paved/gravel surfaces as long as there is significant elevation loss or gain) and trail races of varying lengths below the ultra distance. USATF ultra runners of the year results on trail and ultra road courses above the marathon distance in both national and international competition.
2) The nomination window includes the period: Nov 1, 2010 through Oct 1, 2011
3) Show top results in international competitions for 2011
4) Be an ambassador for the sport - athlete promotes and supports mountain running
5) Be a USATF member for 2011 - athlete MUST have a current USATF membership
6) To be considered for the masters category, athlete must be a minimum of 40 years of age.
To nominate an athlete, send BY October 25, 2011, the following information to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org .
Nominated athlete's name, age or birth date (if you know it), athlete contact information, brief bio, reason for nomination in 2011. Anyone and everyone is welcome to nominate an athlete (or in the case of COY – an individual, company, etc.). An athlete may also nominate himself/herself.
Nominations received by October 25 will be considered in the selection process. After all nominations are compiled, the MUT council will vote (by October 30) for the mountain runner and ultra runners of the year from nominations received. The USATF Mountain Ultra and Trail Runners of the Year will be announced at or before the annual convention in St Louis in December. Should you have any questions about the procedure, please contact: Dave Dunham at email@example.com
We also will accept nominations for contributor of the year for mountain, ultra, trail. Past Contributor of the Year recipients have been: American Ultra Running Association, Teva, La Sportiva, North Texas Trail Runners, the Mad City 100 km, the White Mountain Milers, Scott McCoubrey, Paul Kirsch, and Bob and Anita Teschek.